Skip to main content
A Full Service Mortgage Banking Company

MMC Lending ® understands the challenges of entering the Real Estate market. You may be able to purchase your first home with little to no out of pocket expense. Down Payment Assistance is available for qualified buyers with several different home purchasing options.

Let’s find out if this option works for you!

Housing Finance Agency (HFA) - community lending programs

  • State specific programs in: CA, ID and NV (inquire for details)

What is an HFA Mortgage?

Housing Finance Agency (HFA) programs offered in several states can help qualified borrowers with upfront down payment and closing costs. HFA programs can provide a loan or loans to cover those costs. HFA loans are subordinate to the first mortgage loan and most stay with the home for the term of the first mortgage or until the home is sold or refinanced and, in some cases, can be fully forgiven.

What is an MCC?

The Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) program offers a Federal Income Tax Credit to qualified first time home buyers. The federal credit can reduce potential federal income tax liability, creating additional net spendable income for qualified first-time homebuyers to possibly use toward their monthly mortgage payment. The MCC Program enables qualified first-time homebuyers to convert a portion of their annual mortgage interest into a direct dollar for dollar tax credit on their U.S. individual income tax returns. The qualified homebuyer is awarded a tax credit of up to 20% of the annual interest paid on the mortgage loan. The remaining 80% of the mortgage interest may continue to qualify as an itemized tax deduction. Consult your CPA or qualified tax advisor for tax advice.

MCC are only available in some locations, first time buyer status, income and sales price limits may apply.